Scott Sailor to be the NATA's Next President
The former FWATA District Director, Scott Sailor, EdD, ATC, has been voted to be our next NATA president. He will take office in June 2015. Congratulations from the NWATA.
Time magazine, September 29, 2014:
Total audience reach: 15,472,077
We worked directly with Sean Gregory this summer on what is the September 29 cover story on high school football and the death of an athlete. We had been pitching him ongoing news and he mentioned this particular focus, a request for stats and an interview with Jim Thornton, all of which we provided/set up. NATA is sourced with stats along with a very proactive quote from neurologist Allen Sills and other important safety messages specific to AT coverage and issue of school budgets. The online article is privacy (subscriber) protected and the hard copy issue is now on newsstands.
Additionally, Sean did some national media interviews about the article. Link HERE from MSNBC and Morning Joe where he mentions athletic trainers (and helps to extend our sports safety messages).
The Gatorade Secondary School Athletic Trainer Award
Link Here to learn more!
NPI Number - Get One Today!
NATA strongly encourages all Athletic Trainers to register for their National Provider Identifier number (NPI)
“An NPI number is a professional requirement that adds credibility to the individual and the profession," said Amy Callender, NATA Government Affairs Director. "NATA encourages all members to obtain their NPI number, which will stay with them for the rest of their career, no matter their job setting or employer."
Please apply for a Type 1 NPI number today
Please let Cari Wood know by November 1st if you are interested!
Meeting Site Coordinator
- Vendors – The Exhibit Hall Chair will coordinate all recruitment and organization of vendors, he/she will work directly with the host facility for exhibit hall needs and report these efforts to the MSC.
- Registration – Location, AV needs, set-up, and coordination of registration materials, hours of operation, and organization of volunteers. Orientate volunteers on registration process.
- Program Approval – help direct the planning of the conference, this includes approving of speakers, topics, formats, etc.
- Support to Local Committee – provide whatever support needed to assist with the programming, payment for gifts, printing needs, and other expenses.
- Liaison to Executive Board – communication with Executive Board, will forward any concerns and/or comments on to the executive board as well as attain approval for final programming.
- Hotel - negotiate all contracts, RFP’s, and site visits.
- Hotel/Conference Center – liaison to the hotel, make room reservations for the assigned leadership, make room reservations for speakers, assign meeting rooms for sessions, and coordinate catering needs for District functions. The MSC should be the only contact for the Hotel/Conference Center (exception – Exhibit Hall Chair).
- AV coordination – work with planning committee for speaker AV needs.
- Catering Coordination – work with student group for student luncheon needs, work with exhibits chair for continental breakfast, and plan District social and any other district activities (District social, BOD Dinner, & transportation needs for D10 guests as well as members).
- Oversight of Master Account (with host facility and hotel)
- Budget – works with Treasurer to assure planning committee is adhering to the District budget.
- Speaker letters (thank you’s and CEU documentation), and Speaker Check-In.
- Works with state associations to determine local planning committee chair(s) for future meetings.